I was too scared of the rollercoaster - you get pulled up the beginning slop by crank & then rely on gravity to do the rest. I was pretty sure that Frank & Leigh were going to go right off the end, but they survived.
I was willing to try the swings. They were actually fairly scary. Not because we were spinning around quickly, but because the machine started making metallic clanking noises as we were at the fastest speed. I don't really trust the safety of anything in Africa so I kept imagining what would happen if my swing chains broke. Luckily, they didn't.
After we left the little ride area, Jacquee wanted to go on the go-karts. She was by far the best driver out there. I don't really remember my experiences go karting in the States, but I'm pretty sure we wore helmets & 5 year olds weren't allowed to drive them. When she was done, we searched out something we'd seen an add for: "Zambia's Crocodile Hunter"
It turned out not to be quite as exciting as I'd hoped. It was mostly snakes in cages & the like. We did get to see some crocodiles though:





1 comment:
Brooke!! Claire gave me your blog. Nice to see you're still a world class traveler!!
I moved to SLC after living in Japan for three years-- if you ever need a personal assistant to carry your bags on your travels, I'm here. You'll just have to pay for my ticket and I'll take care of the rest.
I'll carry your bags up to and until we get to the destination and I'll see you when we leave!
You're awesome, keep it up!
Jerome
Post a Comment