Thursday, July 17, 2008

life this week

It has been a pretty dull week. I moved into my dining room on Sunday because 2 guys were coming & we gave them our room (my former roommate moved next door). So now I have my own room again, which I much prefer to sharing even if it is in the dining room. The dining room has its own sink as well. I am happy there other than that I have to kick my flatmates out of the front room to go to bed. Oh well, they probably need the sleep too.

We've had unusually bad power outages this week. For the past 2 weeks the power has been on continuously & I was hoping that it might last till I left. (I supposed I could hope it would last indefinitely for the sake of those staying, but I am semi-realistic.) The power outages started again in vengeance this Sunday. The first day it was out for about 2 hours. Monday it was out 4 hours (we left & went to the movies - I saw Wall-E. Quite good.). Tuesday it was out for lunch (2 hours) and dinner (2 hours). Yesterday it went out at 11:30am and didn't return till 7:30pm. We gave up on cooking & went out for Indian. Today we had a respite with only a 2 hour outage at lunch. Yay - we could cook dinner!!

Leigh & me, in the dark. Our food had finished cooking JUST in time.

The power outages wouldn't be such a problem if there wasn't such a backup of laundry. As mentioned in the health post, we have to iron all our clothing & when there is no power, there is no iron when there is no power...I was down to my last shirt today. Luckily, the housekeepers did A LOT of ironing today.

Otherwise, we got the 2 new Asian guys into my flat yesterday. They are both from LA & seem pretty chill. So now I live with a Mexican, 2 Asians (I think 1 Chinese & 1 Korean, not sure), & a Caribbean/NYC-er. It is an interesting mix to say the least...

No comments: