I spent 2 days last week across town from the main site clinic (where I usually work). When we take the work vehicles to another site, we drive around town picking up lots of the employees and then we drop them all off at the end of the day. So I've gotten to see the sights of Lusaka, which are mostly small concrete buildings painted with ads for products such as "Zamloaf" (bread), "Zamshu" (shoes), & various other products with "Zam-" added to the front of them. Here are some other fun things I've seen about the city:
1. A lady with a crazy huge goiter. I mean HUGE.
2. A guy carrying a bed on his head.
3. A metal gate (everyone has walled yards with metal gates) that was decorated with swastikas. I'm not sure if the people that lived there knew what they were. Maybe they thought they were just a pretty design.
4. Three guys on rollerblades, one of whom was weaving in & out of the crazy minibus traffic.
5. A disturbing amount of roadkill
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment