Sunday, June 8, 2008

a few random pictures

They have these huge plants all over Lusaka. We took this picture right next to a polo field where the South Africans play polo on Sunday mornings. It is very colonial from what I hear.
This is the sign outside our main site, right next to where I live. I'm in the middle with my flatmate, Leigh, on the left & fellow summer student, Jenn, on the right.

Some minibuses at a petrol station down the street from my house. They are quite the experience - riders stuffed in like sardines, zooming around the many potholes of Lusaka at terrifying speeds, daily accidents. I much prefer splitting a taxi with my flatmates.

The flats. They are really nice. There are 4 with 3 girls per flat right now. In a few weeks more people are coming & we'll start getting a bit crowded. Maybe I'll put up some more pictures of the flats later.

The road I live on. It looks picturesque here & it kinda is, but it is also so freakin dusty that my feet are coated in dust by the time I get to work. And the other day a girl at work told me that July was "the dusty month". Great.

1 comment:

JRome said...

Brooke, if you need a care package of goodies let me know where to send them.

Claire has my email. I'm not too fond of posting it on a public site. But if you still have her contact info, email her your address and the things you'd like and I'll send them your way.

It'll probably start with a few spices or deodorant. If you need feminine products let me know and I'll find someone to buy them for me:)