Thursday, May 22, 2008

open all the doors & let you out into the world

I'm on my way! I'm in London waiting for my flight to South Africa right now. Due to a late arrival & major baggage issues, I don't have enough time to actually go into the city this time. I hoping my return trip will be more successful.

Before I left I had a series of good-byes. An old friend came to visit, some church people had a little party, my mom & brother came down for a day, & I talked to some long-distance friends on the phone. One of these long-distance conversations was with my little sister. Being the loving 14 year old that she is, this is how our conversation started:

What?
Hi, Kirsten.
What?
I was calling to say hi.
I'm hanging up now.
No, wait, I'm leaving for Africa today.
Oh, yeah. I forgot.

Thanks, Kirsten. I really feel loved when I talk to you.

No comments: